Loom Knit Intarsia
With the Summer holidays coming up we wanted to share a few Intarsia charts FREE for anyone and everyone to use :)
You can do so much with Intarsia whether its just to mend a pair of jeans, top or even a jacket. Intarsia can be placed on anything you loom knit; let your imagination run !
Intarsia on a loom:
Key stitches to know, intarsia works with any of the three below:
Uwk = u warp, also known as flat knit lay the yarn above the peg and lift over loop
Knit = loosely lay working yarn outside loom above loop on peg lift bottom loop over working yarn
Ewk = e wrap knit wrap each peg then knit
Working on the loom
- Wind separate color yarns onto bobbins (recommend binder clips , check out youtube video from Looming Crafty Fiber Arts)
- Twist yarns together when starting new color (pretzel tie)
- Background color (main) not carried over the picture change directions + flat knit in the opposite direction after you have twisted yarns together
- Blocking project when complete will even out picture and close any gaps
- Typically flat knit is R1 on right and starts R2 on left. We found that pictures/motifs are more prominent and reduce gapping when you go right to left then back left to right. You do each row 2x.
Reading Flat loom charts for intarsia
Reading intarsia charts seems complex but it’s pretty straightforward once you’ve done it a few times. The top and bottom numbers represent the peg count. The right numbers present the row count. Just remember that for intarsia to get the prominent motif each row must be done twice. Your peg count varies on where you place your picture chart. Our chart counts are solely for the motif. You can do the motif once or in multiples. Play around and have fun with it. :)
k - Knit Stitch
p - Purl Stitch
Intarsia can be done with any yarn you choose
Hello Fiber Artists & Designers!
Thank you for downloading this free stitch or pattern. Please note that this stitch or pattern is for personal and not for profit. You may not sell this stitch or pattern. All we ask if you decide to use a stitch or pattern profit on a pattern you design, please credit us.
Thank you and happy loom knitting!
This page contains affiliate links. We at Bohemian Lifestyle Designs receive compensation when you click, follow and or make a purchase through the links on our shop pages. Being apart of affiliate programs give us the opportunity to directly link you with the products we use and also help us continue to grow our business.
Thank you for all your support!